- make unfit or unsuitable "Your income disqualifies you"
- not in good physical or mental condition
- out of condition "fat and very unfit" "certified as unfit for army service" "drunk and unfit for service"
- below the required standards for a purpose "an unfit parent" "unfit for human consumption"
- physically unsound or diseased "has a bad back" "a bad heart" "bad teeth" "an unsound limb" "unsound teeth"
1. To make unsuitable or incompetent; to deprive of the strength, skill, or proper qualities for anything; to disable; to incapacitate; to disqualify; as, sickness unfits a man for labor; sin unfits us for the society of holy beings.
1. Not fit; unsuitable. -- Un*fit"ly, adv. -- Un*fit"ness, n.