1. The course of action taken for the solution of a problem.
2. A block, with or without formal parameters, the execution of which is invoked by means of a procedure call.
3. The description of the course of action taken for the solution of a problem.
4. A sequenced set of statements that may be used at one or more points in one or more computer programs, and that usually has one or more input parameters and yields one or more output parameters.
5. The actions taken to implement protocols.
6. In PL/1, a collection of statements, headed by a PROCEDURE statement and ended by an END statement, that is a part of a program, that delimits the scope of names, and that is activated by a reference to one of its entry names.
7. In System/32, a named collection of related OCL statement, and possibly control statements, that perform a particular task.
在IBM System/32中,為完成一特定任務的有關OCL(操作控制語言)語句及可能有的控制語句之集合。 8. 參閱cataloged procedure, inline procedure, contingency procedure。